Code of Ethics
This is a binding code of conduct, which applies to the members of the association IG Hemp Schweiz. The IG Hemp is recognized by the federal authorities BAG, BLV, BWL as official branch association.
Since the reputation of the entire cannabis industry depends on how its members conduct their business, the IG Hemp demands that its members strictly follow the code of conduct.
The code is the basis for membership in IG Hemp and entitles the use of the logo.
Members of IG Hemp demonstrate their commitment to the profession, to society and also to their competitors by committing to the following standards:
- We treat our customers, competitors and authorities with respect.
- Our customers are advised honestly, transparently and competently.
- We commit ourselves to a professional appearance and action in order to generate a positive image of the industry.
- We run our businesses in an honest and dignified manner and abide by local laws.
- The protection of minors is consistently implemented.
- The members of the IG Hemp promote and encourage a low-risk use of our products.
- We adhere to the given regulations for a controlled and safe production and processing methodology, and work with professional quality control instruments.
- The figures for the collection of taxes must be correctly communicated and paid to the responsible authorities. All social security contributions and insurances must be paid.
A commission elected by the members, consisting of two members of the association and one member of the board of directors, can act as a neutral supervisory body in the event of violations of the code by rotation.
The commission is authorized to take measures against members who are guilty of misconduct.
Appeals against a decision of the commission can be submitted in writing to the general meeting within 30 days.